مطلوب محاسب أول لدى شركة كريم في الرياض , السعودية
At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We’re pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We’re in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
About The Team
The role would require the candidate to work as part of the Food Finance team. The candidate will be responsible to strengthen the accounting arm of the team and use data and accounting knowledge to improve reporting quality and support relevant stakeholders. The role would require the candidate to present strong quantitative aptitude and work with a lot of numbers and calculation logic.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for preparation and finalization of financial statements for KSA as per the appropriate accounting policies for monthly closure.
- Verify Integration data for all online costs
- Prepare VAT return filing a per the local government regulation.
- Review of the financials to ensure accuracy of accruals
- Prepare all monthly reports for Ubers (Revenue, AR, etc.) relating to Vertical data, if any.
- Deliver monthly financial statements as per financial closing calendar
- Ensure e-invoices/credit notes are generated and sent to customers with follow ups to ensure timely recoveries.
- Ensure smooth financial audits and support the central team with any ad hoc request.
- Ensure compliance with local laws and regulations
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders in the business to resolve all financial merchant queries.
- Expected to adhere set SLAs and build robust relationship with the merchants and internal stakeholders
- Ensure smooth banking operations and bank reconciliations for payments and collections.
- Timely weekly payments to the merchants/suppliers and perform appropriate reconciliations for all the three Business models.
- Preparation of management reports with monthly/weekly performance numbers
- Weekly reconciliation of the GL accounts to ensure accuracy.
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years’ of professional accounting experience in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience
- Professionally Qualified ACCA, CPA would be preferred
- Locations must be in Riyadh.
Where You’ll Be
- Even though we are working remotely, we are strong believers in collaboration and the power of building social connections with our teams. For that reason, our offices are still open and provide plenty of collaboration-friendly spaces at times when teams need it or if you need a quiet space to work outside of home.
- You’ll be working in the location you’re hired from. Due to legal and compensation considerations, you will need to be based out of the country you’re hired from as your primary work location.
What we’ll provide you
As a Careem Colleague You Will Be Able To
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this.
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day