مطلوب محلل محاسبة أول لدى Eli Lilly and Company في سن الفيل، جبل لبنان، لبنان
Senior Accounting Analyst
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The senior accounting analyst’s main responsibilities include leading the accounting team and
the accounting activities of the affiliate ensuring accurate and timely reporting of all closing
activities. Initiates and leads change and transformation designed to improve functional
effectiveness, quality, and standardization across the affiliate. Develops, sets, and maintains all
necessary accounting and financial controls, alert systems, and processes to ensure data
integrity. Supports implementing the yearly SAT exercise with the affiliate to identify potential
gaps and work on improvement plans and ensuring yearly and quarterly timely and accurate
external tax and statuary reporting and payments.
Main Roles And Tasks
Lead the accounting team, ensure good performance, and support the development and progress of the team
members. Develops career plans for high potential individuals and seeks development opportunities.
- Lead the affiliate monthly closing process to ensure accurately and timely closing of affiliate financial statements
- Arrange with all stakeholders involved in the closing process to ensure that all closing tasks are being done
on time (Finance Managers, Supply chain team, CFO, general business solutions)
- Ensure that all bookings related to the current/open period are booked before month end
- Ensure no material deficiencies in affiliate financial statement before month end closing
- Manage effectively external audits and reporting requirements.
- Prepares the yearly trial balances and financial statements.
- Ensure Implementation of new statuary requirements for Gulf and Levant markets.
- Supports managing the tax function and carrying out all Tax reporting and Compliance requirements (Income Tax /
Sales Tax / Withholding Tax / Stamp Tax / Payroll Tax) if Applicable.
- Implement the yearly self‐assessment tool exercise for the affiliate in collaboration with all stakeholders to
Ensure Financial Accountability And Governance Management
- Conduct needed trainings
- Share the project roadmap and timelines.
- Ensure Progress and implementation, regular reporting to LT on status.
- Support the affiliate for the internal audit preparation and readiness to ensure a green audit.
- Prepare and share with all stakeholders the roadmap, timelines, and next steps
- Monitor the progress and highlight potential challenges and issues
- Provide the needed resources to support the preparation.
- Prepare and Present to the Leadership Team the internal control and compliance governance and highlight potential
violations and areas for improvement.
- Prepare and implement improvement opportunities in relation to the controls and reporting of violations.
- Review general accounting and financial activities including account analysis and blackline reconciliation, eCIRs;
JVs and manual payments etc.
- Monthly preparation and analysis of high‐risk GL balances for the affiliate to be shared with Geneva Controlling
before consolidated TB sign‐off.
- Present business update (Operating expenses, Sales) to local finance managers and CFOs and Geneva Controlling
team during monthly closing calls.
- Ensure continuous compliance with SOx requirements and Corporate Accounting and Financial Policies.
- Review of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) of the Accounting department on a regular basis and ensure
that relevant employees are trained.
- Lead the accounting training agenda for the affiliate in coordination with the GA and other finance counterparts
- Consult with GBS, CFR or Regional Controllers on unique or complex accounting transactions.
- Support in secretarial work ensuring timely submissions and renewals of power of attorneys and board resolutions.
Skills, Knowledge, & Qualifications
- University degree in accounting or business
- 3.5 experience of taking a finance department forward, driving change and improving control
- Experience of working within Financial Operations (GA)
- Experience of coordinating SOX processes, documenting controls frameworks
- Experience of producing results through others
- SAP and Microsoft Office literacy
- Good financial acumen and ability to challenge/ investigate
- Good operational finance and process improvement skills
- Excellent analytical ability
- Up to date on USGAAP/ IFRS accounting standards
- Deals easily with ambiguity and can effectively cope with change
- Excellent people management skills – delegates easily, deals with problem direct reports in a timely manner, motivates
guides and coaches. Is good at setting direction and objectives. Provides timely information and information people
need to do their jobs
- High learning agility
- Ability to work effectively across virtual networks
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.