مطلوب مدير موقع الصحة والسلامة لدى ALKEGEN في مدينة الحد ، محافظة المحرق ، البحرين
HSE Site Lead
Why work for us?
Alkegen brings together two of the world’s leading specialty materials companies to create one new, innovation-driven leader focused on battery technologies, filtration media, and specialty insulation and sealing materials. Through global reach and breakthrough inventions, we’re delivering products that enable the world to breathe easier, live greener, and go further than ever before.
With over 60 manufacturing facilities with a global workforce of over 9,000 of the industry’s most experienced talent, including insulation and filtration experts, Alkegen is uniquely positioned to help customers impact the environment in meaningful ways.
Alkegen offers a range of dynamic career opportunities with globe-spanning reach. From production operators to engineers, technicians to specialists, sales to leadership, we’re always looking for top talent ready to bring their best. Come grow with us!
Manages and coaches operations team members using effective feedback and communication of company goals and team as well as individual performance. Develops and maintains a culture valuing safety, quality, professionalism, and accountability. Continually assesses work performance identifying areas for improvement and training opportunities. Active member of the team supporting members by
Assisting with operational tasks as needed.
- Direct and promote the Company in building and engaging in a proactive safety culture.
- Ensure that the HSE management system is in compliance with HSE policy, guidelines, applicable standards and instructions
- Support Company management in setting HSE objectives
- Support the conduction of audits, perform internal HSE audits, and job site audits
- Manage the HSE Administrator in the implementation of HSE policies and mission
- Selection and application of HSE methods and tools to enable the HSE management system
- Serve as HSE subject matter expert and provide information to management about HSE related performance, issues and status of the HSE management system in regards to effectiveness and compliance
- Provide information to management about recommendations for process improvements and decision proposals
- Manage and review work site hazard assessments, identifies unsafe acts/conditions or unsafe behaviors, provides support, guidance and recommendations for corrective action to management team.
- Manage Company safety, environmental and regulatory agency mandated meetings, seminars, training classes and record retention, as required.
- Participate, prepare and present required safety material in Company.
- Manage and create safety related documents, policies and procedures for Company in compliance with regulatory agencies
- Manage emergency response team and emergency preparedness actions.
- Direct, manage and provide expertise for incident investigations, case management, near misses, environmental and/or equipment damage.
- Responsible for reporting all safety incidents, near misses, injuries, etc.
- Manage incident statistical data and for the region.
- Promote health, safety and environment (HSE) practices throughout the company activities.
- Review and continually improve the occupational HSE system including policies, procedures, forms, etc…
- Leads incidents investigation, prepare reports of findings, including recommendations to prevent recurrence.
- Assist and support Departments in the preparation of risk assessments. Monitor the availability and appropriateness of risk assessments and, where necessary, safe working practices.
- Conduct in-house training for staff in relation to Health and Safety policies, practice and procedures.
- Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance
- Observe HSE regulations, wears all required safety equipment, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the proper personnel.
- Perform other work related tasks as required as assigned.
- Walk the manufacturing floor on a regular basis to establish HSE presence and provide support.
- Assist in administering and maintaining compliance programs such as LOTO, MOC, 5s, Hazard Communication, Hearing Conservation, Hot Work, Respiratory Protection, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Management, Manufacturing, Business or a related degree.
- +8 Years of applicable experience. With at least 4 years in managerial level in manufacturing facility.
- NEBOSH Level 3 is essential. IDIPOSH Level 6 preferred.
- OHSAS 18001 lead auditor.
- Knowledge of local HSE regulations.
- Proficient in leadership (leading auditors, risk assessors, incident investigators & emergency situations).
- Results oriented with persistent attention to detail and able to influence outcomes in a cross-functional team environment.
- Experience in implementing Lean Manufacturing principles including 5S, Value Stream Mapping, and Visual Management is plus.
- Proficiency in Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office Suite,
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, skills or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time or without notice.
If you are interested in being part of a world class Human Resource here at Alkegen then we would love to hear from you.
At Alkegen, we strive every day to help people – ALL PEOPLE – breathe easier, live greener and go further than ever before. We believe that diversity and inclusion is central to this mission and to our impact. Our diverse and inclusive culture drives our growth & innovation and we nurture it by actively embracing our differences and using our varied perspectives to solve the complex challenges facing our changing and diverse world.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, nation of origin, religion, color, gender identity and expression, age, disability, education, opinions, culture, languages spoken, veteran’s status, or any other protected class.