مطلوب مراقب مالي لدى Akvo في نيروبي, كينيا
Akvo is looking for a finance controller to provide all-round support with the legal entity’s financial, staff, and project administration. Besides your local role, you will make sure that Akvo has the financial systems and procedures in place to support effective project implementation on a global level. You’ll be part of the global finance team. You’ll work closely together with the HR and project and programme managers based in Akvo hubs worldwide. You will be in contact with many members of our international community. We are looking for a spider on the web, who keeps the administration in good order and works with project managers on their project administration.
At Akvo, we boost the impact of development programmes through data services and tech solutions. With a team of data and development experts and a proven methodology, we help governments and non-governmental organisations become data driven so that they can improve the results of their programmes and achieve sustainable change, for all. The Akvo Kenya team has 12 staff members working from the office in Nairobi.
Your role involves a variety of financial administrative tasks such as booking of bank transactions, reconciling bank statements, maintaining the fixed assets register, booking of payroll transactions. Akvo has over 120 projects running at the same time, from grants and consultancy to software-only contracts. You will be responsible for running the project administration and will work closely with project and programme managers from all over the world to explore how you can support them with project-related finance and accounting procedures. You also will be responsible for HR contracting for the Kenya office. You are a responsible, diligent and open-minded team player. You have great attention to detail and a desire to get things done, supported by your excellent intercultural communication skills.
Kenya local entity (Max 35% of time)
- Liaise and closely work with our external accountants and auditing firm (Ashvin Rampara & Co)
- Prepare and send the relevant finance documents to the outsourced accountant
- Basic accounting entries: Book of bank transactions, monthly payroll, tax
- Preparation and submission of relevant audit documentation to the auditor
- Assist local staff with all finance related queries and liaise with the global finance team where required
- Compliance with local legal requirements including the filing of annual accounts
- Compliance with internal controls including bank and cash management, segregation of duties and liaising with the global finance team to manage financial risks identified
Global Finance (60%)
- About 60% of your time spent will be as part of the global finance team (located in the Netherlands)
- In this role you will play a vital role in controlling and monitoring key financial processes within the organisation including: Review of Clockwise (time writing system), review project templates and creating new projects in the relevant systems.
- Together with the team in the Netherlands execute monthly controls on the completeness, accuracy and validity of the project control file
- Critical review of finance processes and improvement where possible
- Assist in the execution of financial project audits
- Keep project and programme managers informed about the financial status of their projects and programmes
- Support (annual) financial planning, forecasting and reporting activities Provide organisation-wide support in the use of financial systems such as Exact Online, Rydoo and Clockwise
- Prepare local Kenya staff contracts, staff administration and payroll overviews
- Coordinate visa and work permit applications and renewals of staff members based in the local legal entity
- Support local recruitment and onboarding and exit procedures
- Liaise with global HR and Talent team about staff processes
Key competencies and skills
You are a pro-active, diligent and open-minded self-starter with attention to details. You have a hands-on attitude, great problem-solving skills and are service-oriented. You are eager to support the Akvo hub becoming a smooth running office and you enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary team with members based in different parts of the world.
- A relevant degree in finance or business administration or equivalent by experience
- 3 – 5 years of work experience, preferably in Financial Project administration
- Experience with online accounting systems ( Exact Online preferred)
- Basic Legal and HR knowledge or openness to learn about
- Great eye to detail and great problem solving skills
- A high level of integrity and accuracy
- Affinity with international development aid and information technology
- Excellent skills in Excel, Powerpoint, and MS Office
- The ability to work in an international environment
- Great intercultural communication and team collaboration skills
- The ability to handle confidential information and documents appropriately
- The ability to multi-task and operate via online tools, as part of a global team
- Excellent command of English in both writing and speaking
What we offer
- 1.0 FTE employment (40% local entity work – 60% global finance work)
- A unique chance to be part of our international Akvo community, with motivated and talented people whose diverse backgrounds converge to accomplish ambitious objectives
- Contribute to our mission: unlocking the power of data to boost sustainable development
- Remuneration in line with the (NGO) market.
How to apply
Akvo works with a diverse and international team, and we are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion across our organisation. If you think you are the right person for this position, we highly encourage everyone to apply.
Think you’ve got what it takes? To apply for this position, or in case of any questions, please send your motivation letter and resume in PDF to Karen Blanken via our website https://akvo.org/join-our-team with the subject line “Application Finance Controller Kenya”. The closing date for this application is 20 July 2022. Please note that for this position, you must be based in Kenya
We aim to fill this position per 1 September 2022 .