مطلوب مسؤول إداري تنفيذي أول لدى جامعة أبوظبي
Senior Executive Administrative Officer and Office Manager – Office of the Chancellor
The Chancellor is the chief executive officer of Abu Dhabi University. The Chancellor’s Office interfaces with internal and external stakeholders, from students, parents, faculty and staff, to the University’s Board of Regents and the Board of Directors, chief executives, ambassadors, ministers, foreign delegations and national and international accreditors. The Office Manager will manage the Chancellor’s work schedule and liaise with internal and external stakeholders, and support the Chancellor in the smooth execution of the Chancellor’s responsibilities. S/he will support the Chancellor in ensuring that the annual strategic and operations objectives are tracked appropriately and mitigating actions are put in place as and when appropriate.
The Office Manager needs to have the authority as well as the skills and competence to handle a range of responsibilities and stakeholders with confidence. Additionally, the Manager will play a role in the smooth running of the Executive Offices and provide professional oversight of the work of officers who support the Provost and the Vice Chancellor for Financial and Administrative Affairs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the Chancellor, in liaison with the Executive, the Chairman’s Office and the Office of Planning and Strategy (OPS), in ensuring that the University’s strategic and operational objectives are implemented, that progress is measured through appropriate KPIs, and mitigations are put in place when appropriate.
• In conjunction with OPS, ensure that performance scorecards for the Executive and other named officers are populated appropriately and prepared for evaluation by the Chancellor and the Board of Directors.
• Assist the Chancellor in preparing documentation and presentations for meetings with the University’s Board of Directors and with the Chairman of the Board, and maintain regular communication with the Director of the Chairman’s Office.
• Work with the Chancellor and Executive colleagues to ensure that the executive offices provide high quality professional and administrative support to the Executive.
• Work with Chancellor, HR and other stakeholders in arranging the hiring of senior office holders.
• Provide leadership to the University executive assistants through mentoring, goal setting, professional development, and participation in performance evaluation and support HR in enhancing career pathways of executive assistants based in colleges and services.
• Work closely with the Policy Officer in the Chancellor’s Office and support the smooth running of University committees and the relationship with appropriate committees of the Board of Directors.
• Coordinate with offices and colleges to ensure implementation of strategic initiatives, keep records up to date, and ensure issues and challenges are addressed through the appropriate channels/committees.
• Ensure that the Chancellor is provided a calendar of key events, submissions and reviews, and support the Chancellor in ensuring that tasks are addressed in a timely manner.
Office management and projects:
• Plan and direct the work of the Chancellor’s Office covering both strategic priorities and day to day administrative functions.
• Develop, improve and maintain office management systems with an aggressive transition to digitization of records and documents.
• Schedule and organize meetings and share meeting minutes, decisions, and actions with appropriate people in a timely manner, maintain records, and follow up progress as appropriate.
• Coordinate events, handle correspondence, complaints and inquiries.
• Commission and write reports and presentations with clear structure, coherent content, appropriate illustrations, data, measures, and conclusions.
• Plan, develop and manage the Chancellor’s Office budget, handle procurement, process invoices, manage assets, petty cash and credit cards.
• Maintain oversight of institutional risk and audit, remediation, actions, and status.
• Maintain a variety of complex files and records, often containing confidential material.
• Communicate deadlines, priorities, and schedules with administration in a timely and efficient manner utilizing a variety of resources.
• Maintain high standards and business etiquette when greeting internal and external visitors to the Chancellor’s Office.
• Keep your technical and professional knowledge current, join professional associations if appropriate, and network with other professionals.
• Preparing reports and presentations, including coordinating and drafting parts or whole of the annual report, and reports on enrollment, accreditation, and board presentations, as needed.
• Drafting, translating and proofreading correspondence in Arabic and English.
• Keeping the Chancellor informed of required actions and reports.
• Updating Chancellor’s Office data in balanced scorecards and other systems as needed for the Chancellor’s Office and ensuring that information from other departments is submitted in a timely manner.
• Managing the digitization and automation of processes in the Chancellor’s Office.
Required skills and experience:
• Proven experience in office management and administration and experience of dealing with people at a range of levels of seniority.
• Experience of leading the work of others, with or without managerial responsibility.
• Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize demands.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Knowledge of office software packages, data and administrative management practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of human resource management practices and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills:
A bachelor’s degree from a highly respected institution.
3-5 years of experience as an office manager serving a senior executive.
5 years of experience as an executive assistant, preferably in a similar environment. A candidate with more or less required relevant experience may be offered a different job title.
English and Arabic language oral and written proficiency at very high level. Shortlisted candidates will go through a written communication skills assessment which will be part of evaluation and final selection process.
Diplomacy, collegiality, integrity, confidentiality, flexibility, discretion.
How to Apply:
Only Applicants with valid U.A.E. residency and bilinguals (English and Arabic high-proficiency) will be shortlisted. To be considered for appointment, applicants must send their CV and Cover letter stating their interest and suitability for this position. Kindly direct the application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject mentioned above.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to go through several skill-based assessments (oral and written) which will be part of the evaluation and final selection process.
Deadline for receiving applications: September 30th, 2022.