وظائف ادارية لدى جامعة الشارقة في الشارقة ، الإمارات
DIRECTOR OF CENTER FOR FAMILY AND CHILD STUDIES
The University of Sharjah is committed to providing a world-class educational experience that prepares lifelong learners and leaders with integrated knowledge and skills. We are passionate about building a collaborative and sustainable environment that cultivates twenty-first century skills and fosters pioneering research and scholarship. We seek to serve the current and future needs of our local community and beyond by offering innovative academic and professional programs.
Since its foundation in 1997, the University has successfully become one of the top Universities inside the UAE, and has managed to make its mark in the educational and research industry worldwide.
DIRECTOR OF CENTER FOR FAMILY AND CHILD STUDIES
Objective of the Role
To lead research and innovation in the fields of Family and Child Studies at the University of Sharjah, through leading and developing research and activities in areas such as family cohesiveness, the quality of marriage relations, and child socialization, while enabling family members to better deal with family problems and attempting to reduce the rate of divorce and needs of youth. Able to establish a strong collaboration with all NGOs and governmental entities in identifying challenges in the field of family and child studies and develop solutions in the center for implementations in the community through funded research (impact on the society). In addition to develop a family and child database.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the strategic development of the Family and Child Studies Center to an international standard and ensure that the center’s processes and procedures are in alignment with best practices and UOS’s requirements.
- Manage and monitor the center’s strategy and plans and maintain the quality of research and professional activities of the center.
- Develop a family and child database for the Emirate of Sharjah that would inform future relevant plans and programs
- Prepare and oversee the center’s budget, track expenditures, and ensure that adequate provision is made for all activities, and are within the limits of the budget.
- Participate and collaborate in the overall development and administration of the research institute.
- Ensure that all researchers under the center are actively participating in key activities including securing research funds for their research groups.
- Monitor day-to-day activities in the center and ensure that research processes and workflows are executed correctly and efficiently. As well as develop and prioritize the lines of research for the center ensuring that work tasks are distributed between group members fairly and professionally.
- Provide leadership to staff members and research groups in order to build and develop their organizational capabilities, provide them with development opportunities such as training, coaching, etc., as well as report on their performance.
- Deliver undergraduate and/or graduate courses related to the field of expertise if requested by the director of RIHSS.
- Ensure the availability of all required equipment and/or software as per the University’s policies and procedures and ensure the availability of any necessary maintenance/renew contracts and procedures.
- Coordinate with the concerned department(s) in order to provide/purchase any consumables required when needed, in order to ensure productivity and continuity of work tasks in the center.
- Provide various reports, strategic plans, budget plans, analysis, statistics and presentations related to the Center for Family and Child Studies when requested by the Director.
- Complete any other job-related tasks as assigned by line manager within the expected time limit.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to prepare professional documents, in both Arabic and English.
- Proficiency in MS office applications.
- Leadership and time management skills.
- Ability to develop and use scientific research tools.
- Proven ability in teaching, able to use a range of delivery techniques to engage the interest and enthusiasm of students and inspire them to learn.
- Manage scientific research activities, group and laboratories.
- Analytical and critical thinking.
- Ability to work with diverse business units and to quickly adapt and understand key business challenges.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Flexibility and ability to function effectively as part of a team.
- Professor in Social Work \ Family& Children Studies\ Sociology or a relevant discipline from a reputable University.
- Adequate years of UAE or international experience in similar role preferably in higher education institutions.
- Research leadership demonstrated through recognition by peers, leadership of research teams, and high-quality research funding and productivity record.
- Priority to UAE Nationals.
- Experience in obtaining funded research and in executing research projects in the related area
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the field.
13 Oct. 2022