وظائف شاغرة لدى جامعة دي مونتفورت دبي في دبي ,الامارات
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Psychology (Part-time)
De Montfort University (DMU) has a compelling and ambitious global agenda with a sharp focus on delivering quality teaching and learning, and a campus-wide focus on providing a high-quality student experience.
A culturally rich university with a genuine commitment to contributing for the public good, it strives to maintain a stimulating and inclusive environment where staff and students are able to thrive. DMU is a vibrant, multicultural hub of learning, creativity and innovation that is daring and successful. This success is built on providing students with fantastic experiential learning coupled with award-winning teaching and world-class facilities that help students develop the skills and attitudes employers demand.
The Faculty of Science, Engineering and Computing, (SEC) is home to a diverse range of courses across three specialist areas, taught by experienced academics in professional facilities equipped with cutting-edge technology.
The Faculty is seeking an experienced academic in the subject of Psychology to support the development, delivery and management of courses offered at DMU Dubai.
The purpose of the role is to contribute to teaching and support of students on psychology programmes. This includes preparation and delivery of lectures, seminars, and practical workshops; teaching of research methods, setting and marking of assessments, project supervision and personal tutoring.
Requirements for the role:
- Design teaching material and deliver across a range of modules
- Deliver outstanding teaching, learning, assessment, and feedback to undergraduate level (including foundation year)
- Track and monitor progress of students as a personal tutor
- Act as a responsible team member, leading where agreed, and develop productive working relationships with other members of staff
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify and respond to students’ needs
- Closely work with the technicians in the labs to prepare and deliver the module requirements
- Addressing and delivering the appraisal targets set in combination of your line manager
You will have a PhD in Psychology or equivalent post-graduate qualification (e.g. professional doctorate). The successful candidate will have an important role in the delivery of teaching relevant topics, including research methods. Applicants must have the proven ability of excellent communication skills and a strong commitment to teaching relevant subjects at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- PhD in Psychology (or equivalent professional qualification)
- Expertise and experience in teaching undergraduate Psychology in a higher education context.
- First qualification should confer eligibility for the graduate basis for chartered membership of the British Psychological Society, or equivalent.
- Interest and evidence of expertise appropriate to teaching quantitative and/or qualitative research methods at undergraduate level.
- Subject expertise in a core area of Psychology (e.g. Cognitive, Social, Biological, Research Methods). We particularly welcome applications from those with expertise in Developmental and/or Clinical Psychology.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Professional teaching qualification.
- Taught postgraduate qualification in Psychology.
- Professional qualification in Psychology.
- Research publications in high impact journals.
- Research experience in a university setting.
- Experience of, and a commitment to quality assurance processes operating in higher education.
- Experience of using technology to enhance learning.
- Experience of setting and marking assessments in a university setting.
At the present time, we wish to hear from candidates who are already located in the Middle East and hold the required permits to reside and work, full-time in Dubai. We invite interested parties to submit their CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In your application, please state your availability / work notice period.
Informal enquiries to Fuad Khoshnaw email@example.com the Subject Head for Science, Engineering and Computing. DMU Dubai.
De Montfort University (DMU) is an ambitious, globally minded and culturally rich university. People are at the heart of DMU. We place being a truly inclusive university at the centre of everything we do. Every single staff and student at DMU is different. Critical to our success as a university is the understanding that the diversity of staff, students and the community we serve enhances our strength, opportunities and creativity. It is our intention to ensure that job applicants and staff are treated solely on the basis of their merits regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, ethnic or national origin, religious or political beliefs or family circumstances.
تابع نشمي للوظائف على