وظائف شاغرة لدى فنادق ومنتجعات IHG في هيما ,الوسطى ,عُمان
Chief Steward : Crowne Plaza Duqm, Oman
There’s nothing complicated about dealing with business people.
They’re just people. Doing business.
By day, international marketing superhero. By night: fluffy bath robe and a box set.
Like Liz, who’s left her laptop cable in the cab. Or Mario, who’s secretly missing his cats. The early riser, who’s first in the gym. The sales team preparing for the ‘big pitch’ over a freshly prepared lunch. At Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts, we embrace the new world of business and understand that Modern business travellers want a hotel (and a hotel team) that understands and supports them, helping at every turn.
Crowne Plaza Duqm is 8kms from the town centre and 600kms from Muscat, the hotel offers comprehensive business facilities with interpretation of Omani architecture. This hotel features 213 deluxe rooms and suites overlooking the scenic coastline, fully equipped fitness centre with kid’s and adult’s pools, choice for conference and meetings, also features two ballrooms, etc.
Your day to day
As Chief Steward, you are responsible for training, supporting, and motivating the stewarding Team to deliver an excellent Guest and colleague experience. you will also be required to manage cleaning schedules, Hotel Health and Safety Manual guidelines, and ensure that machinery is operated properly, and efficiently, and is moved, stored, and available when needed. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Run the Stewarding department efficiently and to consistently high standards
- Manage, train, and develop the team
- Ensure main kitchen and outlet kitchen areas are maintained to the highest cleanliness standards and cleaning schedules are followed and completed
- Ensure the flow and supply of operating equipment meets the bar, banqueting, and restaurant requirements
- Oversee the cleanliness of all food and beverage outlets.
- Ensure the Stewarding Team has full knowledge and understanding of compliance regulations as they affect sanitation and hygiene, as set by internal and local legal requirements
- Identify and develop new revenue opportunities
- Work with the banqueting functions to ensure the accurate and timely preparation of individual plates/orders
- Observe guidelines when handling hazardous substances and comply with all aspects of Health and Safety requirements
- Report faults, misused, or damaged equipment issues to the reporting manager.
- Ensure machinery is operated properly, efficiently, safely and in accordance with the Hotel Health and Safety Manual
- Assist in the location, movement, and storage of operational equipment
- Assist in the stock take of equipment and other items as required
- Work with all departments to ensure items that are required for service are available when needed
- Ensure team members adhere to all Health and Safety and Hygiene Regulations
- Carry out any other reasonable task set by the Hotel’s Management
What we need from you
- Minimum of 8-10 years of work experience in the same position in Four or Five Stars Hotel
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent decision-making & administration skills
- Positive attitude.
- Certificate of Hygiene and Cleanliness
- Certificate of Health and Safety
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve – visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.