وظائف شاغرة لدى مركز الحوار الإنساني (HD) في بيروت ,لبنان
Project Manager Iraq and Lebanon
The Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue (HD) is a private diplomacy organisation founded on the principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence. Its mission is to help prevent, mitigate and resolve armed conflict through dialogue and mediation.
To support the Middle East and North Africa team (MENA), HD is currently looking for a:
Project Manager Iraq and Lebanon
Based in Beirut
The Middle East and North Africa (MENA) division runs several programmes to prevent, mitigate and resolve armed conflicts in the region. Reporting to the Regional Director, the Project Manager will manage mediation and dialogue processes in Iraq and Lebanon, establishing backchannels and relationships with conflict parties and international actors, in compliance with HD’s strategic framework and internal procedures and policies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Strategy: Development of HD’s mediation country strategies and ensuring coherence between strategy and programming; development of annual strategy retreats with both teams to review, assess, and adjust strategies and programmes;
- Management: Management of HD’s office in Lebanon and setting-up the office in Iraq; coaching and mentoring of the projects’ staff (including briefing, advising, performance management);
- Fundraising and grant management: Development of the fundraising strategy and outreach for both programmes. Overseeing the management of donor relations (briefing, formulation and management of programmes and budgets, review of narrative and financial reports, etc.)
- Monitoring and evaluation: Development and management of the monitoring and evaluation systems (including SMART indicators, measurement tools, peer reviews and internal evaluation) on different donor logframes in coordination with HD’s MESU team;
- Mediation processes: Providing direction and guidance for rounds of dialogue in both countries, identifying and briefing experts. Participate in policy discussions on the mediation support field through the contribution of papers, participation in seminars and conferences, and liaison with relevant mediation support actors;
- Communication: Drafting, editing and validating publications, donor reports related to the political and security situation in Iraq and Lebanon as well as HD’s activities.
- Security: Regularly updating security guidelines for Iraq and Lebanon; liaising regularly with UNDSS and other security experts in the countries to monitor risks; coaching of HD’s POs and PAs on mission security protocols;
- Outreach: Regularly briefing, advising, coordinating and / or liaising with relevant regional and international actors on HD’s projects and the situation in Lebanon and Iraq. Representing HD at events related to both countries.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Relevant university degree (international relations, politics, law);
- 7-10 years of relevant experience with issues related to peace processes and conflict resolution;
- Knowledge and experience working in the region, particularly Iraq and Lebanon;
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required for the position. French would be an advantage;
- Good understanding of mediation processes;
- Experience of teamwork and ability to lead and manage large, multicultural and multidisciplinary teams under tight deadlines and in a high-pressure environment;
- Strong social and communication skills.
Personality: The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic professional, capable of multi-tasking and of working on several projects simultaneously. S/he will be a team player, showing both flexibility and leadership.
If you are interested in this position and meet the required criteria defined above, please send your resume along with a short cover letter in a single PDF file by 25 September 2022 to email@example.com. Please indicate “Project Manager Iraq & Lebanon” in the subject line of your e-mail.
HD is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, please visit www.hdcentre.org