وظائف شاغرة لدى Near East Foundation في عمان ,الاردن
Country Director, Jordan & Syria
Near East Foundation (NEF)
Title: Country Director, Jordan & Syria
Reports to: Vice Presidents
Location: Amman, Jordan
Travel: Frequent travel to project sites
Eligibility: Local National, Third Country National, U.S. Expat
The Near East Foundation (NEF) is seeking candidates for a Country Director – Jordan and Syria to be based in its regional office in Amman, Jordan. For over 100 years, NEF has worked to build more sustainable, prosperous and inclusive communities in the Middle East and Africa through education, governance, and economic development initiatives. Working through a network of country offices and local partners, NEF currently operates in ten countries. Its programs are organized around three themes: Peacebuilding; Sustainable Agriculture; and Micro-enterprise Development.
The Country Director is a key member of the Near East Foundation team. The Country Director is responsible for the effective management and implementation of NEF projects in Jordan and Syria. Working within NEF’s regional program structure, the Country Director will lead a team of technical and project management specialists in project delivery. The Program Director is responsible for overall leadership, administration, operations oversight, and management of the activity.
The Country Director is primarily responsible (70%) for:
- Provide overall team management, technical direction, administrative coordination, and financial and operations oversight;
- Recruitment of direct reports and coordination of all hires of non-direct reports in accordance to NEF’s policies and guidelines;
- Serve as primary project representative and contact point for donor representatives;
- Work collaboratively with the project team and partners and coordinate closely to develop overall project strategy and direction and to develop and implement annual program work plans and performance milestones plans;
- Work closely with the NEF program development team and other NEF teams to ensure a smooth and rapid start-up of programs when needed;
- Oversee the timely and quality completion of all program technical and financial deliverables and reports (including quarterly, annual, and M&E reports) in accordance with funding agreement and guidelines;
- Leading project(s) changes including realignment of activities, budgets, and extensions when required;
- Adapt management systems in line with NEF standard operating procedures;
- Ensuring safety and duty of care of staff as well as the security and appropriate use of project and NEF assets;
- Ongoing communication with project stakeholders (both internal and external) regarding project progress and challenges;
- Maintaining positive working relationship with relevant government offices in Jordan on behalf of NEF. The Country Director is NEF’s point of contact with line ministries in Jordan;
- Representing NEF in all relevant working groups personally or by delegating relevant staff; maintaining a strong engagement with development and other relevant aid communities;
- Assessing the implementation context, assumptions and changes in the operating environment to ensure that project/s focus, strategies and activities remain relevant, and recommend changes when required;
- Fostering open and transparent communication with Headquarters to ensure consistent information sharing and support;
- Ensuring that country-level programs are in alignment with NEF’s goals and strategic plan;
- Providing strategic leadership and motivational support to the country team/s through orientations, regular supervision, regular team meetings, learning and reflection events and an effective management of assessment plans and accountability goals;
- Other duties as assigned.
The Country Director is responsible for (30%):
- Contributing and/or leading business development and proposal writing for project expansion, transition and sustainability;
- Contributing to the design, expansion and diversification of NEF’s program in Jordan and Syria through effective engagement with donors and other relevant actors.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields of study;
- 10 years minimum of relevant work experience with development organizations;
- Proven track record in project management, project planning, implementation and oversight, including managing budgets;
- Working knowledge of the Jordan and Syria contexts including knowledge of relevant INGO coordination efforts;
- Experience in managing multi-donor funded programs;
- Experience in effective people and team management, including implementation of code of conduct, safeguarding and anti-corruption measures;
- Experience in managing the safety of staff and assets;
- Understanding of the concepts behind, and practical application of, humanitarian and development codes and standards such as Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability;
- Fluency in both English and Arabic; excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and with flexibility; to perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner; to work as part of a team complete assignments independently; to take instructions and criticism constructively; to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, partners, donors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Ability to pass a comprehensive pre-employment background check.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline;
- Experience working in similar humanitarian and/or development contexts outside of Jordan and/or Syria;
- Experience in inclusive finance, microfinance, or inclusive economic systems;
- Knowledge of blended finance mechanisms.
NEF will accept rolling application until the position is filled. Review of application will begin on Thursday, August 25, 2022. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Please apply by submitting the following documents:
- Cover letter outlining relevant experience and availability
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of three references (including one from current, or most recent, employer)
Applicants are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Near East Foundation by visiting the NEF website at www.neareast.org.
The Near East Foundation promotes Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and NEF employees.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any Employment with the Near East Foundation will be subject to the following checks prior to start date:
- A satisfactory Restricted Party Screening.
- Receipt of satisfactory references.