وظائف شاغرة لدى Weir Minerals في بورت اليزابيث ، الكاب الشرقية ، جنوب أفريقيا
Position: Stores Person
Weir Minerals AME Region
Location: Weir Heavy Bay Foundry, Port Elizabeth
Weir has been in business since 1871 and our sustainability and success has been built on attracting, retaining, and developing exceptional people.
As a global company, we reflect the diversity of our customers in the diversity of our people and ensure everyone is given the opportunity to flourish regardless of their gender, race, beliefs, or background.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities across a variety of technical and business roles in engineering, manufacturing, and service locations worldwide.
Enabling our people to unleash their full potential is central to ‘We are Weir’, our vision, mission, and strategic priorities. We aim to be the most admired engineering business in our markets and we will achieve that ambition by being the employer of choice in our markets.
Weir is an inclusive and innovative organization where you can be your authentic self. We continually develop our talent and diversity of thought to keep our business relevant, innovative, and successful for the future.
Business Need/Purpose of Role:
Planning and organizing stock and inventory while keeping track of what is available in inventory.
Minimum Qualifications & Minimum Experience:
Matric (Grade 12) and a minimum of 1 to 2 years related experience. Valid driver’s license is a requirement. Valid forklift license advantageous. Overhead crane license advantageous.
- Conduct regular cycle counts and ensure minimum and maximum stock levels are maintained.
- Issuing Personal Protective Equipment and ensure accurate records are kept.
- Assist with placing orders in the absence of the Procurement Clerk.
- Assist the Procurement Clerk with acquiring the best prices by calling suppliers.
- Accept deliveries by ensuring that the items match the paperwork, signing for receipt and providing a copy of the paperwork to the office.
- Check quantities rigorously and accurately.
- Check and control weights on the weighbridge.
- Responsible for loading, unloading and moving goods with a forklift.
- Manage and control access to stores areas i.e. Flammable Store / Gas Store / Store.
- Ensure housekeeping is kept to standard in all areas of stores.
- Ensure MSDS are available for all chemicals.
- Ensure MSDS files are reviewed and kept up to date.
- Conduct regular workplace inspections.
- Ensure all registers and certificates for Flamable Store is accurate and valid.
- Manage the collection and return of fire extinguishers by various departments.
- Liaise and follow up with service provider for the recharging of fire extinguishers.
- Responsible for arranging annual servicing of fire equipment.
- Conduct safety checks and maintenance checks on all vehicles.
- Adherence to all statutory HSE and housekeeping / 5S requirements.
- Adhere to Duty of Care Policy at all times.
- Advanced MS Office required
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
We take pride in providing a quality workplace and promoting equal opportunities for all. Interested candidates who meet the above minimum requirements are invited to apply.
If you have not heard from the Company 10 working days after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful
For Additional Information About Weir Visit Us At Www.global.weir