وظائف في الجامعة الكندية دبي في دبي، الإمارات
Full-time Lab Technician within the Faculty of Engineering
Canadian University Dubai (CUD) is recruiting for a Lab Technician to work within the Faculty of Engineering.
Established in 2006, CUD is one of the most promising universities in the Middle East, Africa and South Asian region, as we the #1 university in Dubai based on QS World University rankings 2023. CUD has an excellent reputation as the leading portal to world-class Canadian higher education. As we are in the process of propelling the university’s development to the next level, we are introducing an all-new discovery-rich curriculum to motivate students to not only learn, but discover at CUD.
With the world’s fastest growing population, Dubai is home to an exciting, diverse, multi-cultural blend of young, dynamic, professionals, all drawn to the Emirate for its unrivalled lifestyle and the outstanding employment prospects.
About the Lab Technician Position:
The Faculty of Engineering at the Canadian University Dubai invites applications for a Lab Technician position. We are seeking enthusiastic and dynamic candidates in Computer Science/Information Technology fields. The Faculty is particularly interested in candidates with a Bachelor’s degrees in Computer science. Duties will include assisting the course instructor in preparing labs for courses in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Computer Network, and Software Development. Active involvement in supporting student projects and student activities is a must. Having at least two years of teaching experience is preferred.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Performing routine laboratory functions to support Lectures and scientific experiments
- Setting up, testing, adjusting, calibrating, and maintaining laboratory equipment
- Helping students record, analyze, write reports, reviews, summaries on the findings of experiments and trials.
- Enforcing strict health and safety regulations
- Staying up to date with relevant scientific developments that can improve the efficiency of lab operations
- Maintaining daily logs and equipment record books
- Maintaining and calibrating laboratory equipment
- Ordering laboratory supplies, as needed
- Maintain equipment in proper working order and maintain a clean work area
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 1-2 years work experience in a same or similar role
Knowledge, Skills, & Competencies:
- Database administration and development (e.g., MySQL)
- Full-Stack development using contemporary frameworks.
- Front-End development (e.g., React)
- Back-End Development (e.g. Next.js, Node.js, Python, etc.)
- Mobile Development (React Native, Swift, Java, etc.)
- Machine Learning programming (Python)
- Data Science programming (Python).
- UI and UX design skills
- Security and Authentication in software development development.
- PowerShell scripting.
- Linux ecosystem.
- Network Operating Systems (e.g., Windows Server 2019).
- Networking programming (e.g., using Python).
Please note: Preference will be given to candidates with Canadian affiliation in the form of Canadian citizenship, Canadian qualifications, and some form of linkage to Canada/North America.
· Application materials must be submitted via email: email@example.com
· Required materials include a cover letter and CV, proof of relevant qualifications.
· Why don’t you get to know us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duHKBqBTnLk
· Only those shortlisted for the position will be contacted.
This posting will close on 26 August, 2022 at 5:00 pm. No applications will be accepted after this time.
Thank you for your application!