وظائف لدى جامعة نيويورك أبوظبي
Research Instrumentation Scientist – Solid-State NMR Core Technology Platforms (CTP) – Dr. Reza Rowshan
The Core Technology Platforms (CTP) at New York University Abu Dhabi are multidisciplinary, centrally organized research facilities comprised of 12 core laboratories. We provide hundreds of research equipment, user training, and research support to NYU Abu Dhabi’s academic community and collaborators. For more information, please refer to the CTP website.
The CTP seeks to appoint a Research Instrumentation Scientist – Solid-State NMR for a Fixed Term of three years, renewable.
The successful candidate will be a member of NYU Abu Dhabi Core Technology Platforms (CTP) Operations reporting to the Executive Director of the CTP department.
- will work with researchers and faculty on an as-needed basis and assist them in setting up and running experiments in the relevant CTP.
- should be able to demonstrate strong knowledge and experience with research-level laboratory instrumentation and must have strong background and experience in the operation of the Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR), Solid-State NMR, and relevant instruments in this field.
- will be expected to work with different groups of researchers in science and engineering disciplines such as chemistry, biology, physics, and materials science and provide scientific and technical support.
- will work with researchers from diverse backgrounds on various research projects.
Duties Will Include
- Overseeing the operation of the relevant CTP.
- Providing scientific and technical assistance to faculty, researchers, and students.
- Training and supervising researchers and students on the equipment.
- Setting up experiments and analyzing.
- Managing the maintenance of the equipment in the relevant CTP.
- Supervising the setup, installation, and procurement of equipment.
- Managing the supplies, reagents purchases, and stocks for the relevant CTP.
- Evaluating existing equipment and recommending upgrades and new technologies.
- Assessing potential demands for new research activities that will support researchers’ needs and expectations.
- Developing and maintaining safety protocols and standard operating procedures.
- Developing new protocols when requested by users and standardizing them for routine use by the core.
The candidate must be willing to be trained on additional equipment as required and operate them. He may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this job description.
Applicants must have a PhD in a relevant field.
This Position Requires
- Three years relevant experience, which must include extensive experience with SSNMR and related sample preparation techniques.
- Experience conducting scientific research that includes methods and technologies associated with analytical or relevant fields.
- Experience in sample preparation methods.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with solid written, verbal and presentation skills and experience.
- Good judgement skills and the ability to solve problems.
The terms of employment are very competitive and include housing and educational subsidies for children. Applications will be accepted immediately, and candidates will be considered until the position is filled. To be considered, all applicants must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, transcript of degree, and at least two letters of recommendation, all in PDF format. If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employer
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
For people in the EU, click here for information on your privacy rights under GDPR: www.nyu.edu/it/gdpr
NYU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its recruitment and hiring process without regard to age, alienage, caregiver status, childbirth, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, domestic violence victim status, ethnicity, familial status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, partnership status, predisposing genetic characteristics, pregnancy, race, religion, reproductive health decision making, sex, sexual orientation, unemployment status, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.
NYU aims to be among the greenest urban campuses in the country and carbon neutral by 2040. Learn more at nyu.edu/sustainability