وظائف لدى ماجد الفطيم في دبى، الامارات العربية المتحدة
The Buying Manager is responsible for sourcing and buying at optimum cost, quality and availability, product ranges that meet customer needs thereby maximizing profits and providing a commercially viable range of merchandise for THAT business. The Buying Manager will be responsible for supporting the General Manager –Merchandising in defining and presenting short and long-term strategic approaches, future growth opportunities and areas of risk for the business with regards to brand assortment, ranging, products, positioning inventory and margins.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Formulate a suitable buying strategy, approach and plan in line with Brand and MAF Lifestyle guidelines.
- Direct and manage various functional aspects of vendor sourcing/ development, contract negotiation, purchasing, liaising with supply chain and warehouse to ensure optimum efficiency & performance of the function.
- Ensure that commercial, yet profitable product ranges are developed and bought in order to maximize profit and sales.
- Ensure the OTB is built up by store, category and subcategory.
- Manage and control, in conjunction with the GM, all aspects of stock to achieve reduced lost sales, improved buying and balanced product mix through careful and rigorous buying.
- Optimize the store space mix per category to maximize profit.
Financial & Standards
- Outsource the right assortment in depth and width as per the confirmed timeline in the rollout plan.
- Responsible for achieving set financial targets in relation to all buying activities, OTB, margins, sell thru and markdowns.
- Negotiate product pricing, cost of shipment and payment terms, intake margin and terms with local vendors, taking into consideration business and cost effectiveness as the main consideration.
- Maintain profitable relationships with existing suppliers and monitor adherence to all contractual terms.
- Responsible for maintaining the budgeted stock cover per brand.
- Contribute and support the business in achieving the Dare Today, Change Tomorrow sustainability strategy.
- Stay abreast of customer trends, demographic shifts and other influences.
- Conduct fashion trends and product training of new launches / seasons to the store teams as and when required.
- Nurture strong working relationship with the Planning, Finance, Marketing and Operations teams to drive common business goals.
- Support in promoting sustainability initiatives to transform the lives of the community and contribute to the net positive impact, and health and wellness.
- Net Sales.
- Gross/ net margin.
- Sell thru.
- Breadth, depth (category, brand, style).
- Sustainability Initiatives.
Functional / Technical Competencies
- Expertise in materials, designs, styles.
- Research skills to stay abreast of trends, markets.
- Commercial and financial understanding.
- Negotiation skills.
- A Bachelors’ Degree, preferably in Fashion, Marketing or related field.
- Qualification in Retail Management / Purchasing / Sales or related subjects.
- 5-6 years in a Senior Buying role.
- Experience in a retail background is mandatory.
لمشاهدة جميع الوظائف الشاغرة اضغط هنا
شارك هذا الموضوع:
- اضغط للطباعة (فتح في نافذة جديدة)
- اضغط لمشاركة الموضوع على Reddit (فتح في نافذة جديدة)
- اضغط للمشاركة على Tumblr (فتح في نافذة جديدة)
- اضغط للمشاركة على Pinterest (فتح في نافذة جديدة)
- اضغط للمشاركة على Pocket (فتح في نافذة جديدة)
- انقر للمشاركة على Telegram (فتح في نافذة جديدة)
- انقر للمشاركة على WhatsApp (فتح في نافذة جديدة)
- انقر للمشاركة على Skype (فتح في نافذة جديدة)
- النقر لإرسال رابط عبر البريد الإلكتروني إلى صديق (فتح في نافذة جديدة)