وظائف لدى Free Yezidi Foundation في أربيل ، العراق
Who We Are
The Free Yezidi Foundation (FYF) is a humanitarian, apolitical, women-led non-profit organization formally registered in the Netherlands and the United States and registered to operate in Iraq. The Foundation was established shortly after ISIS attempted to eradicate the Yezidi people in August 2014. The Free Yezidi Foundation seeks to implement projects to protect and support the most vulnerable members of the Yezidi community.
FYF is virtually headquartered in the Netherlands and the United States, with its operational base in Duhok, Iraq. The Foundation is particularly engaged with services for Yezidi survivors, with a special focus on Yezidi women and children. FYF also works to assist for all Yezidis seeking justice and accountability.
FYF is implementing a multi-sectorial project intended to address a variety of issues that Yezidis face. This includes GBV prevention and response, trauma treatment, and the provision of legal services. The empowerment of women is an underlying goal of all project activities. This project will also empower religious and ethnic minority communities in northern Iraq to access compensation for ISIS related atrocities and better protection under existing laws.
Final hiring decisions and offers of employment are contingent upon grant award.
The Project Manager will work directly under the Country Director at the field level. (S)he will be responsible for ensuring successful project implementation, the achievement of all program objectives, and a firm commitment to do-no-harm principles at all levels. The ideal candidate is an experienced manager and has some experience in the GBV prevention and response sector with contextual knowledge of Yezidis and northern Iraq. The Project Manager will ensure quality of GBV response services, prevention activities, and women’s empowerment programming.
The candidate should have a passion for making a difference in the lives of religious minority members recovering from severe persecution, and someone who believes in the importance and value of civil society organizations, trauma treatment, justice and accountability, and women’s rights.
The Project Manager will be accountable directly to the Country Director. His/her office will be based in Khanke, Iraq but travel throughout northern Iraq is necessary to oversee project implementation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform several functions:
- Provide technical oversight on project activities, including on GBV prevention, response, risk mitigation, women’s empowerment, capacity building, and referral pathways
- Plan, implement and supervise all project activities, including by all subawarded partner(s)
- Supervise and provide capacity building training to the project staff members
- Formalize and develop project related operational tools and training modules
- Work with Finance to plan and procure supplies within program budgets and remain in compliance with donor requirement
- Manage budget and monitor project burn rate, collaborate with Finance as needed and prepare necessary financial documentation as requested
- Take lead in maintaining the Gender Minimum Standard (GSM)
- Support Implementing Partner in establishing and upholding their own safeguarding/PSEA standards to ensure compliance
- Promote knowledge sharing, documentation, and dissemination of best practices on gender equality, women’s empowerment and rights
Qualifications and Competencies: Education, Knowledge and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in international development, project management, gender studies, women’s studies or a related field is a distinct advantage. Master’s degree in Humanitarian or Development Studies preferred
- Three-five years of relevant experience managing/implementing protection projects, ideally with some experience combatting GBV
- Knowledge and understanding of factors leading to GBV and prevention strategies, including best practices in engaging men and boys in GBV prevention
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring project activities and troubleshooting barriers.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills, including ability to analyze and present a cogent argument both in writing and orally
- Experience managing and prioritizing a high workload and working with a diverse staff team with a flexible approach to changing environments
- Proven capabilities in teamwork and collaboration are required, with the ability to work among a diverse team, communicate effectively with individuals, and navigate difficult situations
- The ability to address staff and beneficiary welfare issues maturely and to structure to ensure safety, security, and cultural sensitivity
- Commitment to ethical delivery of humanitarian and human rights programs, with ability to maintain focus beyond media or public attention and on the rights and needs of individual beneficiaries and the beneficiary community
- Skill and knowledge in working with humanitarian field program staff preferred but not required
- Strong computer skills: facility with MS Word, Excel, and email/internet software
- Ability to obtain a visa to enter and work in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq as well as Federal Iraq
Base of Operations: Khanke, Duhok, Iraq
Start Date: ASAP
Salary and Benefits
- Salary is determined according to the organization’s salary scale and commensurate with experience
- Full-time employees receive an attractive benefits package, including public holidays and generous paid vacation.
Upon Joining FYF
FYF has non-disclosure and liability waiver clauses in the contract for all employees upon joining the team. All paperwork will be managed between the time the job offer is sent and the candidate begins work.
How to apply
All candidates interested in this position should send their CVs and cover letters of interest to FYF: email@example.com
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.