وظائف لدى GovCIO في الدوحة ، قطر
Construction Manager / Inspector
government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation governmental operations that improve the citizen experience every day.
But we can’t do it alone. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and diversified work culture. Because different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We’re changing the face of I.T. – from our diverse staff to the end-products we develop. And we’re excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be a transformer?
Construction Manager (GCIO LABCAT: Construction Associate 4
3 – 4 positions available in Al Udeid, Qatar;
2 positions in Al Dharfra, UAE
(60 hours per week)
Additional Requirements May Include, But Are Not Limited To
The construction manager/inspector will provide technical oversight for field activities, which include site visits, documentation, photographs, daily surveillance log, and reports of immediate health and safety hazards observed to ensure wide coverage and support to the US Government. He/She will work as a part of a team to provide civil/structural, electrical, fire protection, and mechanical engineering services; architectural services; construction project monitoring and inspection services; to augment in-house capabilities for these service areas for the AFCENT PMO. The successful candidate shall support as needed, cradle to grave functions for base engineering requirements, requirements assessment, planning, project development, construction management, and project closeout.
- Monitor and coordinate activities with the Host Nation DCA/PMO and DBB contractor to assure the quality delivery and hand-over of projects.
- Provide subject matter expertise for facility/infrastructure design charrettes and planning discussions.
- Provide oversight for Host Nation-hired contractors’ work in progress during design or construction execution at project locations.
- Perform comprehensive technical reviews for contract submittals and requests for information.
- Provide real-time feedback/engagement with design and/or construction contractors to address areas of potential non-compliance.
- Provide recommended corrective actions to the US government.
- Conduct thorough, independent reviews of construction submittals and peer reviews of associated RFIs/CRs to ensure they meet U.S. requirements.
- Ensure reviews include design packs, drawings, technical sub-sheets, value engineering proposals.
- Identify dependencies, conflicts, inconsistencies, stakeholder concerns/comments for projects, recommended courses of action, and related documentation into a Program Management Information System (PMIS).
- Perform Site Visits across all active construction projects as directed by the PMO or COR. Follow-up on inconsistencies and disconnects captured in RFIs/CRs and QA/QC documentation.
- Attend construction management and review meetings as directed by the PMO or COR.
- Provide recommendations for risk/issue resolution via meeting minutes within the time required by AFCENT PMO uniformed staff.
- Conduct complete, independent technical reviews of the Host Nation Contractors’ Design/Build DBB deliverables, submittals, and associated products to ensure code compliance and end-user requirements are being met.
- Advise and assist the AFCENT PMO in ensuring consistency across all design/construction packages at each location; integrating multiple designs into a unified program that benefits AFCENT.
- Other support as needed.
- Minimum of 15 years construction field experience in all phases of Civil and Building Construction or a two (2) year associate’s degree in Construction Management or related field and 10 years of field experience
- Experience in all aspects of building construction
- At least one (1) construction inspector must have experience with mechanical projects (HVAC, plumbing)
- At least one (1) construction inspector must have experience with electrical projects
- At least one (1) construction inspector must have experience in civil/structural projects
- Versed in the International Building Code, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Fire Codes, and the NEC in addition to general construction practices
- Ability to read, interpret, and decipher all construction documents (schedules, specifications, blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and related documents);
- Ability to analyze procedures to identify deficiencies, review time/cost estimates, monitor project phasing and ensure adherence to approved safety standards, observe and inspect ongoing construction work, oversee construction record-keeping activities, prepare and submit reports, and keep a daily log of all activities, weather conditions, and work quantities
- Ensure that all construction is performed IAW the applicable statement of work and Government-approved construction documents
- Review shop drawings and product submittals in a timely and accurate manner, and perform and document daily inspections of construction sites and ensure the Government’s best interest is served
- Notify the Government of non-compliance with construction SOW and/or Government-approved construction documents within 24 hours of inspection and shall provide an inspection report detailing the non-compliance
- Track individual projects against construction and service contracts, coordinate installation access with other contractors and perform daily project visits
- Familiar with Microsoft Project scheduling software
- Secret Security Clearance
- Valid Drivers License
- Fluently read, write, speak, and understand English
- Familiar with USAF planning and programming rules and documentation