وظائف لدى الجامعة اللبنانية الأمريكية في لبنان
AS 23-7 Assistant/Associate Professor, Performing Arts
School of Arts and Sciences
Department: Communication, Arts and Languages
Expected Start Date: Fall 2022
Deadline for Application: May 30, 2022
The Department of Communication, Arts and Languages at the Lebanese American University invites applicants to a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant/Associate Professor rank in Performing Arts (dance, theater, acting, music). The department is seeking a qualified and motivated full-time faculty member able to balance theory, research, critical inquiry and performance production abilities, teach various undergraduate courses, and contribute to developing curricula and programs. Priority will be given to applicants who have international experience and exposure.
- Teach on both campuses professional, research and theoretical courses in performing arts studies, from introductory to advanced levels (see website for more course details).
- Advise and mentor undergraduate students majoring in Performing Arts.
- Actively engage in scholarly production focused on international performances and research.
- Engage in service to the university, school and the department, particularly related to developing the performing arts program and future undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- Additional duties may be set by the department in light of departmental needs and priorities.
- Ph.D., MFA or other terminal degree in any of the Performing Arts (Dance, Music, Acting, Theater) from a recognized institution.
- A Minimum of 3 years of successful university teaching experience.
- Evidence of professional productions and/or research publications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (particularly in English).
- Ability to produce professional performances, using the latest technologies and concepts in the performance world today.
- Ability to work across disciplines (multidisciplinary).
- Evidence of fundraising abilities and experience in developing and leading major projects and international programs, such as festivals, study abroad and exchange programs.
- Knowledge of new digital methodologies and approaches, both in research and performance production.
The Department of Communication, Arts and Languages (CAL) is a multidisciplinary entity at LAU encompassing the various branches of arts in the School of Arts and Sciences. This includes Literature, Language, Performing Arts, Visual Arts, Communication (multimedia journalism and communication programs), and Humanities. It also hosts the Academic English Sequence that serves all students. The department adopts innovative education based, mainly, on Liberal Arts, and aims to promote the culture of learning which dovetails theory and practice, and enhances the culture of critical, analytical and creative thinking. It offers nine undergraduate BA degrees in addition to several minors in relevant disciplines. It also endeavors to fulfill the mission of LAU and the School by educating young learners in Lebanon, the region and beyond, by advancing scholarship, and by contributing to preparing students to serve the common good of their communities and humanity at large. Information about the department can be found at https://soas.lau.edu.lb/academics/departments/communication-arts-languages/إقرأ أيضا:مطلوب مدير لدى شركة RUD Beauty Concept
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb
How To Apply
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest including a statement of teaching and research interests, an updated CV, and unofficial transcripts by email to: email@example.com. The CV should include the names, emails and phone numbers of three references. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process.
Candidates must refer to position no. AS-23-7 in the subject line of the email.
لمشاهدة جميع الوظائف الشاغرة اضغط هنا