وظائف شاغرة لدى جامعة جنوب فلوريدا في الكويت
Dept Number/Name: 0-6119-000 / Dept Of Pediatrics
College Division: USFHealth-College of Medicine
Salary Plan: Faculty
Job Code/Title: 9166 / Research Associate
Hiring Salary/Salary Range: Negotiable
Position Number: 00048746
USF Health’s mission is to envision and implement the future of health. It is the partnership of the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine, the College of Nursing, the College of Public Health, the College of Pharmacy, the School of Biomedical Sciences and the School of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Sciences; and the USF Physician’s Group. USF is a global research university ranked 34th in federal research expenditures for public universities. For information regarding the USF Health, please visit our website at http://health.usf.edu/index.html
Applications are invited for a Research Associate position in Pediatrics at University of South Florida Morsani School of Medicine in the laboratory of Dr. Tara M. Randis. Our lab is focused on understanding the mechanisms by which maternal infections contribute to adverse pregnancy outcomes and neonatal morbidity and mortality. Using novel animal models, we examine the roles of specific microbial factors and the ensuring host immune response to the development of intraamniotic infection, still birth, preterm delivery and neonatal sepsis. Successful applicants will have experience in animal models of infection studies, bacterial culture, transformation, and transfection, cell culture infection assays, microbiome analysis and standard molecular biology techniques (RT-PCR, ELISA, western blot and immunofluorescence).
- Research Duties: Perform complex lab experiments in an independent manner using standard operation procedures, Assist with technical writing and input on grant submission and on publications, Assist with mentoring and training of PhD/MD students and fellows and other duties as assigned.
- Responsible to a Chair or other appropriate higher-level administrator of a State university. Responsible for teaching, research, service, and related administrative activities. Responsible for academic advising and related activities. May represent the university, college/school, or department.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution with demonstrated record of academic research achievement, or professional qualifications in the field of specialization above those which would be equivalent to the highest degree.
- Must meet university criteria for appointment to the rank of Research Associate.
- Basic requirements include a Ph.D. in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Microbial Pathogenesis, or a related area.
- Competencies with basic biostatistics and bioinformatics methods and supporting software tools.
- Effective at troubleshooting and optimizing protocols.
- Excellent organizational, record-keeping, communication, and inter-personnel skills, and ability to work effectively in a team.
Information for Applicants
This position is subject to a Level 1 criminal background check.
Job Opening Number: 30507
Posting Date: 4/14/2022
Posting End Date: 6/14/2022
How To Apply
Click on the Apply Now button. When applying to an opening you will have the opportunity to upload a cover letter and resume.
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position.
Click here for additional tutorial information.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace.The University of South Florida does not discriminate on the basis of sex and prohibits sexual harassment. Any person may report sex discrimination, including sexual harassment (whether or not the person reporting is the person alleged to be the victim of conduct that could constitute sex discrimination or sexual harassment), in person, by mail, by telephone, or by electronic mail, using the contact information listed for the Title IX Coordinator. Reports may be made at any time either online or directly to the University’s Title IX Coordinator.
Campus map and location overview:
USF – Health
USF – Tampa Campus
The University of South Florida is a high-impact global research university dedicated to student success. Over the past 10 years, no other public university in the country has risen faster in U.S. News and World Report’s national university rankings than USF. Serving more than 50,000 students on campuses in Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota-Manatee, USF is designated as a Preeminent State Research University by the Florida Board of Governors, placing it in the most elite category among the state’s 12 public universities. USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference.
Working at USF
With more than 16,000 employees at USF, the University of South Florida is one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay region. At USF you will find opportunities to excel in a rich academic environment that fosters the development and advancement of our employees. We believe in creating a talented, engaged and driven workforce through on-going development and career opportunities. We also offer a first class benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, retirement plan options, tuition program and generous leave programs and more.
To learn more about working at USF please visit: Work Here. Learn Here. Grow Here.
Connect with us: